On April 13th Nintendo announced on Twitter it would be hosting one of its regular Indie World game showcases. The last Indie World showcase was on 12/15/2020. This new showcase would contain twenty minutes of partner game announcements and gameplay of these games.
The Game announcements are as follows:
- Road 96 Gameplay and story trailer a procedurally generates narrative adventure game. Features 148,268 variables in the branching story, releasing on Nintendo Switch and Steam this year with no specific date announced.
- Aerial_Knights Never Yield Gameplay trailer releasing May 19th on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and Steam. Lead developer Neil Jones was also present on the Iron Lords Podcast on youtube on October 25th, 2020.
- Last Stop Story Trailer previewing the three main characters and how they affect the main story. Will be available July this year, on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Steam.
- Hindsight Story Trailer showing the game’s unique presentation. It will be available this year with no specific date on Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
- OlliOlli World Gameplay Trailer of sidescrolling skateboarding platforming in a very weird world. Will be available in Winter this year with no specific date for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Steam.
- The Longing Launch Trailer a game that requires exactly four hundred real-time days to complete. Available now on Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
- There is No Game: Wrong Dimension variety gameplay trailer available now on Nintendo Switch and Steam.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredders Revenge Ninja Turtle Gameplay trailer and Developer commentary. Available this year with no specific date on the Nintendo Switch, and Steam, but not confirmed for Xbox and Playstation consoles as of now.
- Cristales Gameplay and Release Date Announcement trailer showing off new enemies and zones. Available July 20th this year for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Steam.
- GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon Gameplay and Announcement trailer showcasing sidescrolling rogue-lite gameplay for Nintendo Switch in 2022, and Steam later this year.
- Aztech Forgotten Gods Gameplay and Story Trailer releasing in fall this year on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Steam.
- Oxenfree II: Lost Signals announcement trailer, available this year with no other platforms but Nintendo Switch confirmed at this time.
The following announcements were just a gameplay montage for the following games:
- Art of Rally, available Summer this year.
- Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective available in Spring this year.
- Weaving Tides available in May this year.
- The House of the Dead: Remake available this year.
- Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights available June 21st this year.
- Beasts of Maravilla island available in June this year.
This Nintendo Direct had plenty of surprises, gameplay, and developer commentary that fit well in its twenty-minute run time. There is also currently an indie game sale going on in the Nintendo Eshop. What will you be picking up in this list? Let us know!
Thank you for reading!