Japanese game publisher Square Enix streamed a forty-five-minute video showing all of its upcoming releases for the year ahead, along with many updates, big and small, for ongoing or unreleased projects.
Everything shown at the event is as follows:
- Cinematic story trailer and content breakdown for Outriders detailing new customization options and new areas not shown in the demo or previous trailers. The game is available on April 1st (no, this is not a joke) on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC.
- Tomb Raider Trilogy bundle including all DLC. Available now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC.
- Three Mobile Games were announced, which include Just Cause, Hitman sniper, and Space Invaders AR. No release date for Just Cause and Space Invaders. However, Hitman Sniper is to be released this year with no specific date given.
- Touhou Spell Bubble side story pack releasing March 25th on the Nintendo Switch.
- Advertisement for Darius Cozmic Revelation available now on Nintendo Switch and PS4.
- Advertisement for Bubble Bobble 4 Friends available now on Nintendo Switch and PS4 with an eventual release to Steam.
- Hawkeye Content Update Gameplay and content roadmap for Marvel’s Avengers. This includes four major content updates like the Black Panther expansion coming in the spring, summer, and beyond.
- Balan Wonderworld Coop Gameplay Trailer featured story moments, bosses, and all new areas. Will be available March 26th on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS5, PS4, and PC.
- Life is Stranger: True Color World Premiere available September 10th on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, PC, and Stadia. There will be three editions of the game to pick from. The ultimate edition includes a free copy of the newly announced life is strange and before the storm remaster.
- A small snippet of gameplay and story for Forspoken. Forspoken is the official title for Project Athia, and will be released on PC and PS5 in 2022.
Overall this event was pretty subpar, even if you had no expectations going into it. Regardless of it showing plenty of content to look forward to this year and beyond, it lacked one of those “wow” moments. They did announce that there will be more Square Enix Presents throughout the year, so stay tuned! I know I will.
Thank you for reading!